Graduate Program Admissions
The Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Pharmaceutical Sciences. At the time students apply for admission they will select one of four curricular options: Health Outcomes Research and Policy, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology.
The application deadline for fall admission is January 15. However, to ensure that an application will be completed in time for review, it is strongly recommended that the materials be submitted as early as possible. Applications submitted close to the deadline may not be processed in time to receive consideration. Each application must be complete, application fee paid, and all supporting documents received in order to be considered for admission.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in pharmacy or other health profession, or a degree in an allied discipline such as biochemistry, biology or chemistry from an accredited college or university.
- International applicants must score at least 550 on the paper Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), 213 on the computer TOEFL (cBT), 79 on the internet TOEFL (iBT), or a 6.5 Overall Band Score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Exam. Applicants opting for the iBT must also score a minimum of 16 on each of the four component parts of the iBT (reading, listening, speaking, and writing).
You must apply to the Auburn University Graduate School via an online application.
Choose apply online and then click on create account. All required documents must be submitted for your application to be complete. These include:
- Official copy of GRE scores sent directly from ETS
- Statement of Purpose. We require all prospective students to write a Statement of Purpose essay of up to 1,000 words. It should include why you want to study the specific area that interests you, what you will do with your degree once obtained, why you think the specific area is important, and reasons you think you should be admitted (what strengths do you bring to the program).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation solicited and submitted via the online application system.
A fee of $60 per domestic or $70 per international will be charged by the Graduate School for processing the completed application for admission. Once your application fee is paid by credit card, the application will be processed and available for review.
Who Can I Contact?