AU Student Pharmacy
Located within the AU Medical Clinic
Student Pharmacy | 400 Lem Morrison Drive | Phone: 334-844-4641 | Email: email@example.com | Emergency On-Call Phone: 334-750-1048
Auburn University is proud to offer a full-service on-campus pharmacy that exclusively serves our Auburn University students and their families. Additionally, the AUSP trains post-doctoral residents and Pharm.D. Students to deliver top-notch pharmacy care.
The AU Student Pharmacy the preferred pharmacy for Auburn University’s Student Insurance Plan (offered through United Healthcare), and students who subscribe to AU’s insurance have lower out-of-pocket costs at our pharmacy. The AU Student Pharmacy also accepts most major insurance plans. If we do not have a medication you need in stock, we can generally place a special order and get it for you within 24 business hours - including non-prescription items.
- Full-Service pharmacy
- Specialty medications
- The AUSP is a convenient, local resource for specialty medications
- Please call us if you take a specialty medication (like Enbrel®, Humira®, Cimzia® or any other medications on the specialty medication list)
- We provide personalized service for you and are here to help with any questions that you might have for this special class of drugs
- Compounding services available
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications available on site and by special order
- The AU Student Pharmacy carries a wide assortment of over-the-counter medications that you might need, including sunscreen, Band-Aids, headache medications, pain relievers, allergy meds, etc. If we do not have an OTC medication on site, we can special order most of them for the next business day
- Free delivery
- The pharmacy provides FREE on-campus delivery on Auburn University’s main campus to student offices
- For main campus deliveries, please allow 2 business days for delivery of prescription requests received by 4:45 p.m. There are no deliveries on university holidays
- In order to better serve our patients and reduce any confusion regarding deliveries, any new prescriptions called in or sent to the pharmacy by your doctor will be filled and set to be PICKED UP unless you contact the pharmacy by phone or email to request delivery. Please contact the pharmacy with any questions about this policy. Thank you for your understanding.
- Free medication check-ups, counseling, and monitoring
- Free prescription cost analysis consultation
- Emergency on-call pharmacist
- An on-call pharmacist is available to patients and physicians in order to handle any medication emergencies occurring after normal business hours, including weekends and holidays. If you need a pharmacist during these times, call 334-750-1048.
How to become an AUSP Patient
We have a New Patient Form that all new patients will need to complete. This is not the same form used by the Medical Clinic. We do not share patient information between the Medical Clinic and AU Student Pharmacy.
- Bring in, email, or fax the completed form and a copy of the insurance card to the AU Student Pharmacy at 334-844-4969.
- We accept cash, check, credit cards, FLEX spending cards, and we can bill your AU BURSAR account. We cannot extend personal credit to any patient.
- Manufacturer coupons will be honored ONLY if they are submitted at the same time as the prescription so that they can be processed together.
How to send your prescription to the pharmacy
- We can fill prescriptions from any doctor or prescriber (in-state or out-of-state) as long as they are licensed in the United States, not just AU Medical Clinic physicians.
- New prescriptions can be sent by your physician’s office to the pharmacy via fax, telephone, or e-prescribed. We also accept prescriptions from patients who bring them in to the pharmacy, as well as those sent via regular mail, and/or campus mail. If utilizing a mail service be aware that prescriptions may be occasionally delayed and/or lost. The pharmacy does not accept responsibility for prescriptions lost in the mail, and in this event, we would need a new prescription from your doctor.
- Refills: Please call the pharmacy and use the automated system or speak to one of our friendly staff.
To communicate a comment, complaint, suggestion, or concern to the staff, please reach out to:
Dr. Alison Baker (Coordinator of Distributive Services)
Paige Patterson (Assistant Director of Business Operations)
Auburn University Student Pharmacy
400 Lem Morrison Drive (located within the Auburn University Medical Clinic)
Auburn, AL 36849-5506
P: 334-844-4641 | F: 334-844-4969 | On Call: 334-750-1048
Auburn Student Pharmacy Hours
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Open at 9 a.m., Thursdays
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
An on-call pharmacist is available to patients and physicians in order to handle any medication emergencies occurring after normal business hours, including weekends and holidays. If you need a pharmacist during these times, call 334-750-1048.
Patient parking is available in the Auburn University Medical Clinic parking lot, close to the AU Student Pharmacy entrance.
We provide FREE on‐campus delivery to students’ offices or worksites on campus within 48 hours (for prescription requests received by 4:45 p.m.). For students, these deliveries must be to an accessible campus location and must be pre‐scheduled with the pharmacy staff. There are no deliveries on holidays.
The Auburn University Student Pharmacy is conveniently located inside the AU Medical Clinic at 400 Lem Morrison Drive on the south side of campus. Parking is available on site and the pharmacy is also on the Tiger Transit route. If you need assistance, call 334-844-4641.
Last Updated: January 21, 2021