Kaniz Afroz Tanni
Degree Program: Ph.D., Health Outcomes Research and Policy
Anticipated Graduation: 2023
Advisor: Jingjing Qian
- B.Pharm., Pharmacy - University of Dhaka (Bangladesh), 2015
- M.Pharm., Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology - University of Dhaka (Bangladesh), 2016
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Real-world evidence synthesis
Kaniz Afroz Tanni is a Ph.D. student working within the Department of Health Outcomes Research and Policy. She is interested in pharmacoepidemiology with a special concentration in comparative effectiveness research (CER) in the field of oncology. Her research also involves pharmacovigilance to ensure continual monitoring of adverse events associated with drugs that are already on the market. The greater goal of her research work is to establish real-world evidence (RWE) that can be utilized to inform healthcare decision making and to ensure better health outcomes in patients.
, Truong CB, Almahasis S, Qian J. Safety of Marketed Cancer Supportive Care Biosimilars in the US: A Disproportionality Analysis Using the Food and Drug Administration Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS) Database. BioDrugs.
Tanni KA, Truong CB, Johnson BS, Qian J. Comparative effectiveness and safety of eribulin in advanced or metastatic breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology. 2021;163:103375.
Qian J, Tanni KA. Real world evidence in effectiveness, safety, and cost savings of generic levothyroxine: a systematic review. Endocrine. 2021.
- Tanni KA, Garza KB. Association of depressive symptoms and suicidal ideation with impulsive choice: Findings from nationally representative survey. Poster presented at the Center for Neuroscience Initiative Inaugural Retreat, Auburn, AL, February 2020.
- Tanni KA, Qian J. Trends in Gender and Race/Ethnicity of PharmD Students and Faculty in the US Pharmacy Schools. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2020. 84 (6); DOI: 10.5688/ajpe8221.
- Tanni KA, Ngorsuraches S, Chaiyakunapruk N. Blood and Cerebrospinal Fluid Biomarkers of Multiple Sclerosis: An Umbrella Review of Meta-Analyses. Value in Health. 2021;24:S166-S167. doi:10.1016/j.jval.2021.04.826
- Tanni KA, Qian J. Comparative effectiveness of eribulin in metastatic breast cancer (MBC): A systematic review and meta-analysis. Poster presented at Auburn University Student Research Symposium, Auburn, AL, March 2021.
- Tanni KA, Qian J. Safety of generic cyclosporine in solid organ transplant patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Poster presented at International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE) Annual Conference, August 2021.